FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - The Tampa Show
Thread: The Tampa Show
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2003, 12:25 PM   #4
bcherps
Reply to Tampa Show

I had a very bad experience at the Tampa Show. I had animals stolen, very weak sales, negative reactions to and from Mr. Cueto's staff.

I know that several other vendors had animals stolen also. I also felt that the vendor plushes like pipe/drape, free lunch, restriction of super wholesaler/price slasher was pushed much more heavily in the advertisements then was actually seen on the vendor level.

I also was promised an 8X8 booth, but since I was on the end my 8X8 space was the same 8X8 space as the first table in the row. Mr. Cueto's staff provided me with a free table to compensate. I was informed that I was given the space becuase of a cancellation not because I was sold a bum spot.

I emailed my issues to Mr. Cueto and received a very thourough response, however, most of it was personal attacks. Mr. Cueto basically said I was a liar, nieve, and a whiner.

I am sure that several vendors and spectators had a great show, but I will never vend or attend that show again.

I am not trying to disparage Mr. Cueto or sway anyone away from Mr. Cueto or his shows, this is simply my experience.

I am personally going to avoid his functions from now on.

Thank you to everyone that expressed concern at the show about my animals. I would like to extend the same apologies to anyone who was robbed themselves.