FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Lowballing: Busting the Bubble
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2007, 01:53 AM   #1
Behmfamily
Thumbs down Lowballing: Busting the Bubble

I'm sick and tired of hearing about how lowballing someone with an overpriced animal is a sin or unethical. I find great enjoyment in what has happend in several markets:

1. Limburgh-strain albino Rosys
2. Ball Python morphs

I take great pride in dumping Saharan Sand Boas and Calabar Burrowing pythons on the market. Just today, I saw someone selling Saharans for $20, down from the $100 I paid last year. Anyone who wants one can obtain them at a reasonable price.

Back to the point on lowballing. I can see why various big-mouths have a problem when someone undercuts their outrageous prices. The market determines pricing. If you think that your albino Ball is worth $750 and someone offers you $500, don't sell it. Let them buy it from you next year at $250.

I wonder how many of these people are now sitting on GTPs or Basin ETBs, two of the next markets to crack. God help the person who suggests that a CB neonate GTP should sell at a price closer to that of a FB neonate costing 1/2 the price. Don't get me started on locality Rosys.

Indigos are another problem. Lately, I have happily watched prices drop to $700-$800 for an adult male. Hopefully, $500 will soon be the norm, on the way down to $250.

What these big-mouths have tried to create is an atmosphere where bargaining is perceived as an insult. I encourage all viewers to negotiate a hard deal. If someone is insulted by your offer, move on or contact me. I'm watching various sites and its amazing how much competition is out there.

Together, we can make some of the more desireable animals available to all. Let these big-mouths sit with their animals for a while.

Let the discussion begin.

Mitch