FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Lowballing: Busting the Bubble
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2007, 01:34 PM   #9
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by jglass38
Nobody ever said negotiation was an insult, did they? I believe in supporting the market and the future of my customers. I don't care whether they are buying a $75 snake or a $7500 snake. Also, I happen to believe that not EVERYTHING needs to be affordable to EVERYONE. Some things are rare and special. I can't afford a Ferrari but I don't hold it against Ferrari for not selling them for $50,000 and I don't make it my life's work to try to tank their business. I still think you're a tool and its been proven time and time again, everytime you open your mouth.
There's a flaw in your argument there Jamie. You probably cannot build a Ferrari for $50,000, so selling at that price would put them out of business. With reptiles that can reproduce easiliy and in numbers in captivity (like Ball Python morphs), one can make them fairly cheaply once the initial "investment" is made. I don't like Mitch much either but he's right. There are many people who have a vested interest in keeping prices high. We've had this discussion before and we disagreed then too. The market on morphs and non-morphs will continue to soften as supplies increase, unless more buyers appear. In markets where supplies decrease prices will increase. So if imports of Ball Pythons stopped normals would go up in price. That is a basic law of macroeconomics.