FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Sleeping Dragon
Thread: Sleeping Dragon
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2007, 10:13 AM   #4
Drache613
Hello

Hello Don,

How is your sleepy dragon doing today?
Ok, so your basking temps, are the 95-105 on basking side, & 78-82 roughly, on the cool side?
The UVB lights, are they the compact type or coil lights? If so, then they are not putting much if anything out & they can hurt their eyes too. Can you please check for me & let me know if they are those types of lights, they will look like a mini spiral or a shortened version of a mini tubing type of thing. They are not as good as the long, tubed flourescent UVB's. Is the light new then? There are so many of the UVB's that just are not very good. The basking bulbs alot of times do not appear as bright as halogens do. Does it appear very bright? Just asking, because the brightness makes a huge difference in their behaviour. Just making sure of everything before just relenting to the fact it could be brumation. You don't want to let a dragon go in if he isn't heavy enough or have sufficient fat stores. Do you have a pic of him possibly? At 17 inches, he should weigh at least 300 or more grams by now.
Let me know what type of UVB you have.

Tracie