FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Who is responsible for fake het BPs??
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2007, 12:55 PM   #5
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
It is my opinion that I would be responsible, since I sold them directly to him - then it would be my responsibility to go back to the original guy that I got them from and try to get something out of him...
Agree??
Yes, 100%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter23
I think Person B should refund person C and let person C keep the females. Then person B should go back to person A to reclaim what he can. If person A disappeared then person B is out his original money but has breedable females and his reputation with person C.
If person B allows person C to keep the females, how do you figure that person B ends up with breedable females (and his reputation).

IMO, if someone is guaranteeing hets, the terms of the guarantee should be clearly spelled out IN WRITING at the time of purchase. That way, there is no room for whining a few years down the road. The only problem that then comes into play is verifying that the animal in question is the one sold. Even multiple photos at the time of sale can often leave one unsure 2-3 years later - and that is with BPs, which tend to have visual differences. There are many species for which it is nearly impossible to tell two individuals apart. (see another thread in the General Herp Talk forum on the topic of microchipping hets)