FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - What size rats do you feed your adult female balls? POLL
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2007, 12:03 AM   #52
Gib
Just seemed like your posting personal opinions without anything to really backit up...same thing your giving others grief for...

and as far as snakes in the wild...your probally right dead on about that,but Bps well really ALL snakes are opportunistic feeders in the wild,they get a meal whenever they can and also eat whatever they can...that one snake that might only eat 12 times a year Might very well take 5 of those meals in 5 straight days...and this i know FROM doing a lil field research...but that is neither here nor there cause we arent talking about animals that DONT have access to regular food we are talking about Captive pets...are you suggesting i should only feed my snake once a month and let it reach its maximum growth potential???

Another tidbit of fact for ya...basically the main reasons any ectothermic animal's metabolism slows is for lack of food(which puts the body into starvation mode which makes it burn very little energy adn store its food intake straight to fat,this one is true for all animals actually) and number 2 is by lowering of the core temperatures of said animal....now as for snakes fasting...thats a different subject all together no a healthy animal should ever fast unless its been stressed,in breeding mode or one of the 2 aforementiond tidbits on metabolism

HEALTHY is the keyword here