FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Can We Enforce a Higher Level of Accountablity?
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2007, 02:21 PM   #95
shrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus
It has absolutely nothing to do with anything..and no application with this thread..a simple retort to someone that said my ideads/concepts were Business 101 and I thought that was amusing.
Thanks for clearing that up.

Quote:
If the biggest defense against getting ripped off is research, that's the biggest defense against any kind of hurt done on the victim be it scamming, or any other crime. If it is so simple why do we need laws? Why can't eveyone just research before everything? It may prevent all the murders, (extreme example) and other kinds of crimes.
Was that really supposed to make any kind of sense or be a valid point in any way? You can easily research products and companies that offer them and find out what kind of track record and consumer satisfaction rating they have. You cant research murderers or rapists or armed robbers, or arsonists, etc. You can research crime rates though and make sure you dont move to a neighborhood that has high murder and rape and armed robbery rates. Thus lowering the potential of becoming the victim of such crimes. And when it comes to fraud and getting ripped off educating yourself is the number one way to prevent it from ever happening. Go talk to your State Attorney General's office if you dont want to believe me.

Quote:
Now I have read all the posts and a lot of them have good points..but if you don't want more laws, if you are advocating doing nothing at all and hoping that the radar of those that don't like reptiles passes us over, then good luck. Maybe it will.

If as Bryon said, we are already on the radar...let's keep very quiet...maybe they'll go away.
Two things here. How come in your mind the things everyone else suggests is "doing nothing" and only your suggestions are doing something?

Also, Why do you seem to think the GOV has to be responsible for making sure nothing happens to everyone? What about taking responsibility for yourself? It dont matter how many laws get passed there will always be criminals willing to break those laws.

But if we educate ourselves and do the research we can protect ourselves. That is a proven fact. A PROVEN FACT. Scammers prey on the uninformed. A PROVEN FACT. Scammers prey on those that dont educate themselves. A PROVEN FACT. Scammers prey on those that dont research a company/person before giving them their money. A PROVEN FACT. Literally 99% of fraud can be eliminated by education and research. A PROVEN FACT.

Dont take my word for it. Go to your State Attorney General's office and educate yourself.