FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - To Jump or Not To Jump
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2003, 06:01 PM   #97
bpc
Tom, thanks for the list. There are a couple there I'd never hear of: spot nosed, bumble bee, carmel glow, and of course the last two. In addition, I always thought spider webbed was just "spider."

Quote:
But when you hear Spider, you know your talking about Spider Webbed. When you hear Pied you understand Piebald. When you hear Woma Ball, you understand it as the Woma Tiger. When you hear Caramel Albino, you understand it as a T+Albino and not a snake that you spilled some candy on or had a slight different caramel coloration then other albinos you have seen
That's where you run into a problem, the "you understand"'s. My point is most people don't understand! Most people have no freaking clue what those things mean. YOU understand, but you are the extreme case senario. My contention is that most people walking around at a reptile show would not understand all of those terms. Now, if you made it a show for The Brotherhood of the Ball members only, then, yes everyone would understand.

Out of 1000 people RANDOMLY SELECTED at the upcoming Daytona Expo, what percentage do you think could quote your definition of Pastel Jungle? Better yet - pastel ball python? I think 20-30% would be high. Especially had we asked before discussing it here. That's my point: you and the Brotherhood of the Ball are not the "norm." The norm is an 18 yr old guy with $250 burning a hole in his pocket, that's wants a "cool looking snake."