FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - what happens to a pyro when you shake in a little kingcorn?
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2003, 10:37 PM   #32
Seamus Haley
Quote:
i have enough ammo on why hybridizing is beneficial for species and how some species depend on hybridization for survival but i will open that can of worms later.
Why not open it now?

You refused or were unable to answer the pretty basic questions I had related to your "scientific research" with regards to this hybridization, which you personally used to justify the action...

I'm still waiting on it... What exactly was the experiment, what did you learn, what did you prove?

As a followup, since you still seem willing to make very vague comments that imply there is some positive ramification for hybridization... Open the can of worms please and tell me just which species depend on hybridization for survival and how it is benificial for captive populations.

Incidentally, claiming that there are rivers and mountains that break up the natural ranges of the species you have crossed is not an argument FOR the hybridization, it's an argument AGAINST it. They have evolved independantly to meet different climatic and environmental conditions, part of the ability to maintain a species in a healthy manner in captivity comes from an understanding of the natural evolution to meet the environment. By crossing animals from different environments, you are combining conflicting genes and creating an animal that is less able to be predicted and thus... less able to be cared for properly.

You also never told me what happened to the rest of the clutch, as you said, we've seen three individuals- Where are the rest?

Quote:
read Seamus' long long long post where he refers to me as "a bag of... " and continues to insult my charecter simply based on the fact that he doesn't agree with something i do. NOW THATS SIMPLE MINDED!
Yet as simple as it was, you were unable to answer the few direct questions put forth within it. You can clear that up of course by detailing the "scientific research" that you were performing.

Quote:
if breeding hognose and gopher snakes is supposed to pay for a new lexus in my driveway than i'm doing it all wrong. i'd be better off selling indigos seeing as they go for about 700 to 1000 a piece
That's simply a falsehood.

The way to turn a profit with breeding herps is not generally to go for those moderately high end species with the more difficult breeding, slower reproductive rates, legal issues and less general appeal.

The way to make money is to breed more common species that people will buy with greater frequency... You can sell literally hundreds of cornsnakes (non-abomination ones) at $10-50 each before you sell one snake for $1000+

Just more lies, eh Chad?

Quote:
i promise you... you will never accidentally buy one of our hybids
It's really not an issue of more educated individuals buying one of your hybrids directly from you...

It's an issue of neophyte keepers who don't know any better buying animals from you and then producing mislabeled offspring. Or buying them from someone you sold them to who doesn't have your (sarcasm here) high moral standfards.

Care to answer the questions set forth in the previous posts and give us all some detailed understanding of just how hybrids are "good" and what scientific research you have been at the forefront of breaking into? It would go a long way to establishing credibility and, if you actually do have the information I'd like to hear, I'm recceptive to it. Skeptical but recceptive... Only your continuing refusal to back up the statements you made earlier leads me more and more to believe that they were simply lies, that you did no research and have no understanding of the biology involved and merely said that because you didn't think you would get caught.