FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Did you know you can get Emu eggs in the mail?!? LOL!
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2008, 10:22 AM   #145
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
Thanks so much for all the support everyone. This is all unknown to me~ we are just kind of winging it here!

A lady who raises emu began emailing me last night~ and clued me into a book I bought which will hopefully help.

He looks better this morning. More alert~ better at fighting me! Had 3 movements with some solid matter in them now. Still not eating on his own~ but I did get some emu food into him this morning by wetting it and attempting to shovel it in. THAT was messy~ I'll do that on the porch next time! I think he's going to be okay if we can just get him eating on his own again. Still in the kitchen today. The emu farmer who wrote me says he should not have been put outside into fort Emu overnight until he was 3 months old~ so it is possible this is a temp issue and not that he ingested something awful. Now that he is warmed up, on the antibiotics and getting some calories in him hopefully we can get him back to himself~ I'll get some poultry vitamins at the store when I go into town this afternoon and offer both the antibiotic water and the vitamin water~ and keep assist feeding him until he eats on his own again. Then he will stay in the kitchen or the garage at night until he is 3 months old even if he does go back to Fort Emu during the day.