FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Kentucky state law issues
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2003, 06:27 AM   #3
Rob BryertonRKK
Research?LOL

IMO The only Constrictors most politicians have seen were in the movies and on TV. "Anaconda" is a good one. I bet most believe that junk. These people go with what Peta and the HSUS says which is totally wrong but they believe them.
In New York they tried to pass the Tonko Bill which looks almost identical to the one Clay brought up and the numerous other ones. Doesn't that seem odd that different SENATORS in different STATES wrote almost the same exact thing? And made the same mistakes BTW. That's because they have Peta and HSUS write IT and they put their name on IT.
Here in NY The Herp Societies came together and explained that Constrictors aren't just Huge Pythons and Boas, they include Kings and Corns. So they put a size limit on it for NOW. They say that if you have a snake that can grow to 10' that you have to let your town or village clerk know to protect firemen and other emergency personell that might enter your house.
They don't want to let the public know when they are going to pass a bill because they want to send it right through.
I just recieved my HERP newsletter last week. Guess how many New Bills there are relating to Animals? 32 yes THIRTY-TWO. Now some would make great laws but I've seen them lump them together B4 in hopes of getting them through. This crap is never ending. They piggyback good w/ the bad.
I'll stop writing now B4 I lose it. It's awful early or late. I'm not sure which. Glad I'm not working today.LOL
Take Care, Rob