FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - ADULT MALE RHINO IGUANA
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2009, 01:47 AM   #12
reticaboa
Reputable, Factual information

In order to alleviate the doubt of the current nature of the law I previously mentioned and reassure that laws do use words such as "serpents" still, I contacted the Michigan Humane Society to verify my information. I recieved a response email which is posted here now:

"Dear Keith,

Thank you for writing the Michigan Humane Society. Unfortunately, not all reptile breeders are as responsible as you - they will sell to anyone without regard for the lifetime care and expense of the animals they sell. This results in many reptiles being surrendered to MHS each year and, as you know, they can be difficult to place in permanent, responsible homes.

While MHS as a nonprofit is not able to track all the individual ordinances across the state, my understanding is indeed that reptiles are banned in the city of Detroit.

Best wishes!

Nancy Gunnigle
Michigan Humane Society
248.283.1000, ext. 104"

It also seems odd that the only person coming to your defense is an individual who joined this forum as a member within a very short time frame (less than 9 hours) before posting on this thread. It is quite questionable that someone needed to join faunaclassifieds, defend you immediately, and have no other posts before or after. With my first message I only attempted to inform you that you were using a public forum to announce animals that you are not allowed to maintain in your city. It was not an attempt at sabotage or unkind interaction, but rather a note of information for you. I apologize that it was taken so harshly by yourself, but I would not make such statements without correct information.