FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Anyone watching the live HR669 Hearing??
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 02:16 PM   #26
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagickalMorphs View Post
Watching right now. I'm hearing some good points being made. I agree, we DO need some legislation but nowhere near the all or nothing that's on the table right now.
I sincerely disagree. What we need is for people to use common sense. If someone releases an animal into the wild, they need to be held accountable individually. Legislation only hampers those that already think above the level of an amoeba. The idiot that is going to release his animal in the everglades probably isn't real concerned if there is legislation on it or not. We need not have someone tell us that it is wrong. Legislation only prevents those that would keep the animals responsibly from acquiring them.

Then of course it is always a stepping stone to the next legislation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooing Tricycle View Post
i am annoyed too. especially about when he said that tidbit about permits....i wonder how they are going to implement a permiting system in the first place...... its LAUGHABLE, to think about how long that process would take, and how much more money THAT would cost!
Permitting also seems like a joke. I don't know how it works in FL but where I'm at permitting anything always ends up being nothing but a money making scheme for the government.

You start out at $20.00 dollar permit the next year it is $50.00 and in five years it is $250 and up. You don't need to know anything. You just pay the government. Look at captive propagation permits in states. It's nothing but a money making scheme to increase a already bloated bureaucracy at the state and federal level.