FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Animal Trax In Huntsville, AL Ransacked
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2009, 09:12 AM   #1
vonnick52
Animal Trax In Huntsville, AL Ransacked

I don't live anywhere near there, nor do I know the people personally...but I've heard amazing things about this place and I can't stand to see this happen to them, so I am copying/pasting from another forum.

I regret to inform you that Animal Trax was the victim of a burglary sometime after midnight and before business hours today. Because of the police investigation, the shop will be closed all day today.
Unfortunately, Charlie and many of the other shop mascots were taken in this morning's burglary at Animal Trax. The loss of so much, especially personal pets, is very difficult. We'd like to ask that our customers with children please explain that many of the critters they love to visit may not be in the shop. While we hope Charlie and the others will be returned quickly and unharmed, it would be difficult for David and Daniel to explain their loss over and over again, especially to the kids.

The plans are to keep the shop closed through Thursday, June 11 as inventorying what was taken requires time. Another email message will go out when the shop is ready to open.
If you receive any information about this crime, please contact the Madison Police Department at 256-722-7190.

Thank you so much for understanding and for supporting David and Daniel during this difficult time.

Terry Hale, Hale Fire Glass

Here is a semi-complete list of what was stolen...
Charlie, the Bearded Dragon, is bright orange, larger than most, and definitely male. Approx. 2 and 3/4 years old.
Maxx, the Panther Chameleon, is blue/green w/ orange throat. Approx 2 years old.
Lash, the Crested Gecko, is a butterscotch color, with a partial tip of his tail missing, adult male. Approx. 2 years old.
Blue, the Blue-tongued Skink, is an adult male with partial toes missing. Approx. 2 years old.
Harley(I renamed this one Brutus!), the Albino Hog-nose, approx 1 and 1/2.

For sale:
A corn x king snake, approx. 1 year old. Orange/red with yellow markings.
A Dumeril's Boa, approx. 9 mths. old.
2 juvie corns, one pastel and one amel(?) Approx. 1 and 1/2 years old.
A Cali-king adult. Approx. 2 years old.
A Children's Python. Male, approx. 3 years old. Black spot on upper lip.
Several babie beardies...most of these will be light in color as the parents were snows.
Several babie crested geckos.
A red bull snake.
30 to 40 or more young tarantulas in solo type cups.

Domes, heat bulbs, kritter keepers, and more. The list goes on.

Unfortunately, I also lost 2 sub-adult Cyclops Chondros. Male and Female.

If you feel you have any information pertaining to this case, or suspect someone of pawning off these animals, please don't hesitate to call the Madison Police Dept.
256-722-7190.

Keep an eye out everyone!