FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - About the BOI and it's future here...
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 04:13 PM   #56
WebSlave
As someone had requested, I put a generic "donate" button up at the top of the page for those people who wish to donate without having a membership icon associated with it. Those contributions will also be taken into account when it comes time to make my decision as to whether the BOI needs to go or can stay.

Quite honestly, traffic has been picking up significantly on this site lately. It's really not all that large of a percentage of active members that I need to have contributing in order to give me a somewhat comfortable feeling of being able to weather any financial storm that the BOI will bring me.

But once I make the decision to pull the plug, that is IT, for good. Nothing anyone can say or offer afterwards is going to change my mind. I'm getting quite used to just thinking about retiring and reducing the load off of my mind accordingly with my real business. If the BOI is bringing me more grief and heachaches on top of the liability, I JUST DON'T NEED it in my life any longer. I really don't know how to stress that any stronger than I have been.

Yeah, maybe someone else will pick up doing this, and more power to them. But I will bet that they will be in the same place I am pretty quickly. No one can afford to run a BOI type of forum without substantial financial backing. Heck, I have gotten several threatened lawsuits just in the last few days, I guess from people who believe my resolve has weakened now to just do their bidding from their legal threats. They obviously don't know me very well... Hell, my funk over this site was broken when someone tried to destroy it with a DDoS attack. So yeah, go ahead and try me....