FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - About the BOI and it's future here...
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2009, 10:46 AM   #59
MedusaCoils
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Thank you.

I honestly don't know which way I am going to bounce with this. My inclination is to just shut down the BOI and be done with it, but I think that wouldn't be fair without giving everyone an opportunity to convince me that this forum has substantial value to the majority of the people who come here to use it. Considering that I will be getting a substantial portion of the headaches from this forum remaining here, and all the real benefits will be for everyone else who utilizes the BOI, I really need a substantial incentive to keep up with the headaches.

So that is what I am offering here and now: An opportunity for you all to keep the BOI. But I hope everyone understands fully that this window of opportunity will not stay open much longer. Perhaps a lot of people aren't aware of this taking place, so it may be worthwhile for everyone here who DOES want the BOI to continue to spread that word so other people can make their voices (and contributions) heard and counted. After the fact, having a bunch of people tell me that they just didn't know the BOI was in jeopardy isn't going to carry much weight with me. If those people didn't come by here enough to stay on top of the news, then certainly the BOI wasn't all that important to them anyway.

So with that in mind, right not it's too early to tell if the contributions now are too little, too late or not. I will say that we really aren't all that much closer to the hoped for goal of contributors yet. And that clock IS ticking....
Too bad you couldn't put one of those little thermometers on the site. Like the ones that libraries use, when they are doing a fund raiser. As they get closer and closer to their $$ goal, it gets filled in. It doesn't have to have any numbers on it, if that was something you are worried about. It would give us something to shoot for, a goal anyway?!?! Right now, we are just shooting into the dark and/or we have to keep buggin you for numbers and you have enough headaches, as is.

Just a thought,

Wayne