FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - would you ship in 30 degree high and 10 degree low??
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2009, 10:02 AM   #10
Clay Davenport
Shipping at 10 degrees is a huge risk. I'd be afraid the number of heat packs required to bring it to a safe temp would start depleting the oxygen in the box.
I continue to advertise through the winter myself, but when the temps are like that any sale is made with the full understanding that I will ship when the temperature allows, whether it be a week or two months. If the buyer doesn't find that acceptable, I don't make the sale.

Being in NC though we usually have a few days a month during winter get up into the 40s or even the 60s on rare occasions. Last year though we had an extended cold spell and one of my customers had to wait 6 weeks on delivery.

I set my limit on the lows at 35 providing it will be at least in the mid 40s for the highs. That's somewhat lower than many people will go, but I've had no problems at those temps. When the highs are below freezing though, shipping is out of the question for me.