FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Is it a hobby anymore
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2010, 02:47 PM   #11
bokuza
I haven't slept in three days so this is going to be pretty daft and very crudely written...

:/ I hear you guys loud and clear. I haven't really been here that long but I've been around the internet to agree with hhmoore and to see the market go for roller coasters. It seems like whenever the economy is down every hobby including animals suffers a lot of blows and the people within that hobby run around like idiots trying to match prices and to make a fast sell with quick cash. When you stop taking your animals out, just to touch them and see them, because your too busy selling, pairing males and females, hatching eggs and dealing with feeders...Im pretty sure then it's not a hobby.

Right now Im buying all of Balls as youngsters, not at all once. And really, I think im topping myself off at 5. I want a few of those beautiful morphs so i can watch them grow up. I just want to take them threw thick and thin...as pets. Not as my money making machines. My own old man brought up breeding, we amused ourselves by looking about at different morphs, thinking of new ones we could try but in all honesty we both don't think of it as a money maker. We both know if it happens at all it's years off. Itll be a slow very expensive and careful project. Even involving Veterinarians. And who knows! By the time my guys are full grown, I may not have the room or money for more. I might just be sitting happy with what I have to say, no thanks, I like the number 5. It's all just musings and what if thoughts...Whats real is wanting to just be around the snakes themselves and learn about them. Thats the glory of this hobby, thats what the original intention is and always should be.