FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Greater Harrisburg Reptile Expo, Carlisle P.A.
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2010, 09:19 AM   #21
mikeyt
OK, so went to the show. How was it? Well I guess it was about the typical for the Carlisle show. There were about 25-30 vendors, most familiar faces, and only about 500 or so thru the door, Which seems to be the overall avg for this show. The show had a good feel to it, didnt seem to be all the tensions that are currently involved with some of the other shows, which I enjoyed. I didnt have to hear vendors in their little huddles whining and crying

The food definitely was better then previous, the raffle was a good idea (although I didnt win anything, lol).

This show has had alot of struggles since it even began, and once again it is being operated by someone new. I will say that it appears that the new promoter is making the effort to get the word out there, so maybe with a little hard work and some help from the reptile communinty this could be a nice little show worth attending. I personally choose the smaller one on one shows where I can actually view an animal and talk to the vendor. So keep pluggin along and make this show work