FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Good Guy Walt with All Pro Shipping aka ShipYourReptiles.com
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2010, 03:20 PM   #11
BoaMan Jon
Walt is Top Notch! I had an issue with my local UPS hub. Upon check in of the package for overnight air, the UPS clerk noticed that the contents of my package, which was noted in their system by filling out my shipment with SYR, was a Corallus hortulanus (Amazon tree boa). The clerk, not knowing the permissions of the SYR account flagged the package as "Shipper error" after aparently googling to find out that it was a snake, and had it returned to shipper (me), noting that, "Snakes are prohibitted in air transit". My snake arrived back to me at 10am the next morning with 3 pages of litterature in a stickered pocket slapped on the side of my box reguarding UPS's prohibited shipping regulations. I had sent an email to info@shipyourreptiles.com letting them know my shipment had been returned to sender that night when I tracked it and saw the message of "shipper error" not knowing what went wrong... Long story short, Walt called me around noon the day my shipment was returned and had already refunded my money and was going to speak with his UPS reps and make sure that my local hub is made aware that they are to take snake shipments under the SYR account. Great guy with great customer service. It was my first shipment with SYR and although not a good one, I will definitely be using them again as everything is now straightened out with my local UPS.