Thread: Wow! with pics
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 11:39 AM   #56
StrictlyExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamanthaJane13 View Post
Oh my God, Dean!!!

So many animals gone!!!

Please don't think I'm weird, but if I were you, I'd take out a Lost Snakes ad in the local papers!! Herps are usually pretty resilient within certain parameters, and you never know!! Some of your snakes may have ended up in someone's yard not too far away!! Just have the people call you if they find any of them so you can go recover them!!

You never know. They may not all be permanently lost!
Donna, I cant even locate the 6x12 ft box trailer that was in front of the barn. I will be in the process of doing what you said but there really isnt much housing in this area. The people that live in the area are not around because they have no power. Most of them are in shelters or motels right now too.

Directly to the East of my parents house is a sq. mile pasture that I am hoping I can get into to go look but the power lines are still in it. As the tornado traveled East of my parents house, it got worse. The town a couple miles to the East was leveled. The tornado basically started a mile west of my parents home and leveled everything for about 20 miles up to I-40. I am hoping the larger snakes could have survived it but I just cant see that they did.

I should have anchored the racks into the cement somehow. Hindsight is always 20/20 though. In a way, I sort of feel like a dumbass through this whole thing. If we werent trying to refinance the house, the snakes would have been at mine, in my garage where I was in the process of turning it into a snake room. A lot of things I could have done differently to protect them and I didnt. A part of me just didnt think about it because tornadoes dont hit Norman.