FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - UPS, FedEx, Airborne Express, USPS - bad guys.
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2004, 09:31 PM   #10
Ron Billingsley
Airborne no longer a friend....

Just a few months ago someone asked about Airborne, and I posted how they were a friend to my business. That I had been using their service for years.
Since that post, I've been in a none stop nightmare with them.
I shipped a box that was suppose to go to North Carolina from Indiana. I didn't make it. It when as far as Ohio and was returned. The reason, they said the box was damaged and was leaking. Ok, so I got it back. No damaged found, no leaks seen. (how can a snake leak?)
So, I re-boxed the animals in a different container and called them back out, and the second trip went off with out a hitch.
Ok, now guess what? I got not one but two invoices for both shipments and they totaled up to over $400!!
I called them the minute I got the bill in the mail. I was told they would handle it and to have a nice day.
I got a letter a few days later, stating they reviewed my complaint, and according to policy I only had 48 hours after shipping to make said complaint.
I called back and stated how can I call and complain without knowing I had a complaint to complain about? IT gets worse from here....
I've called weekly now for going on three months. I've started to get letters from a collection agency.
Now, all I say is I'll just settle up when we go to court.
I now drive an hour each way to ship with Delta.
Anyone know a good lawyer?