FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - 800 GRAM FEMALE BALL PYTHON LAID 4 EGGS
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2011, 11:05 AM   #38
Randy F
First off, Harald and I have already had a disagreement. Now with that said, even as personal as I take my character, I am a man and can take criticism. How long he has been here is irrelevant in my book. Now have you read his post? He is VERY (and if I could bold it and underline I would) smart and educated on the topics of this forum. That is what is needed out of a moderator. Wether he personally care for you or not, I am very sure he will defend your stance if it is CORRECT. Someone that is going to make sure things are right here. I dont care what race or sex the president is, if he beat me up as a kid or slept with my girlfriend........I can dislike him (not on race or sex), but if he turns this country around, creates jobs, and fixes the problems.....he is the man for the job.

now on to the snake......seeing the condition of the baby, it is no different than a premature human baby. Seeing the weight of both mom and baby I am surprised either lived. Just because they are snakes does not mean they do not suffer. Ever have a snake bitten by a rat? They bleed and hurt. 800 grams is almost half what a minimal weight for a female to try and breed. Thats more like a 8 or 9 year old girl having a baby. I sometimes see how collapsed some of my big girls are, and weak after laying. I personally check on them a lot more and get so excited when they are back on feed. I get excited about the babies as they are close to hatching, but caring for mom the whole time. Even some people who breed for money look at it as what size of clutch they will get. I think thats a poor way to decide, but it saves them breeding an animal too small that it will hurt her. You have to look at complications even in healthy births let alone high risk births. There were so many tears here last night because one of our bunnies died after giving birth. I ran down to my buddies pet store to get stuff to nurse the babies. My buddy who I sell the babies to for $30 and he sells for $90 (Netherland dwarfs) not only cared less about not getting anymore babies from us, but gave me another heat lamp, $20 of formula, and bottles for free knowing my son was home balling. I am actually surprised that this thread did not end up in hell so people could be more graphic. Wether your breeding or not, adopting or donating, you have a responsibility to these animals. If I received a snake from anywhere that did not eat for as long as a pregnant ball would not, I would find out why. I must admit that if I received a ball so small I would check for sex, but not palpate for eggs. BUT, did she never lay on the hot side and build a nest? Part of being responsible for these animals is seeing SIGNS something is not right and taking them to a vet. Thats where it starts from, these are not teenage girls that wear different clothing and choose how they sit. There HAD to be signs that something was not right here.

lastly.....if people are questioning things really happening to you or you just trying to instigate things, attach pictures. I must say, you have had more things happen to you than everyone I know combined. If you are having all these problems, maybe you should choose not to breed snakes. If you are just trying to get a rise out of people for personal enjoyment......post in hell and you will get better kicks.