FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Do Snakes typicaly play with their food??
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2007, 02:42 PM   #1
Leighanne
Do Snakes typicaly play with their food??

I tried to feed Lickity again last night with no success. She has wasted 5 or 6 Mice so far. Pain in my butt. I opened the lid last night and she was looking very energetic and explorative wandering around everywhere. I had the Mouse by the tongs and dangled it in front of her and she just looked at it and kept going where ever she was going. lol

So I left the Mouse in the tank with her overnite. I feed right before I crawl into bed and remove it as soon as I wake up. She has only eaten once for me this way and I've tried it a few times. So as I'm falling asleep last nite I hear two loud thuds at separate times of her banging her body against the tank. I figured she was eating it. When I woke up this morning I found that she just drug the Mouse to the other side of the cage. Now I know Cats play with their Prey but was oblivious that Snakes did! Whats going on you guys?? Any ideas? Side note: I feed FT and could it have anything to do with Breeding time? Is it breeding time? Shes acting pretty goofy!