FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - non-feeding solomon island ground boa
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2007, 09:36 PM   #1
nora
non-feeding solomon island ground boa

I have a minor problem with my lil girl.

My SI ground boa isnt feeding. I understand their metabolisms are somewhat slow and that they have the tendency to go off feed, however, my boa hasnt eatten since january, and it's now may.

I've offered a fuzzy mice and hopper rats to her once every 3 weeks without success. she has shown little to no interest.

She's currently in a rubbermaid "drawer" that has been converted nicely into an enclosure in my shelf rack. I'm using newspaper substrait for her, her temps are at about 83-85 deg over her uth (flexwatt) and about 80 in the cooler side. and her humidity holds at a nice 63%

Is there anything else I can do to get her feeding again other than resorting to force feeding? usually I have to throw mice n rats away after leaving them in her enclosure over night. Could it possibily be due to the fact that it's still cold in the mountainous region of ny that i live in? (the adirondacks to be exact)

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. I have worked with this species before in the past but this is the first snake i have encountered that wont feed. She hasnt lost any weight or body mass.

Thanks!
Nora