FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - The turtleshack.com link at the top of Turtles/Tortoises Classifieds is malware
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2021, 12:32 AM   #4
WebSlave
I was trying to figure out who owned that sponsorship here months ago, and never was successful in figuring it out. The moderators did help me track down a name associated with the domain, but unfortunately, I just forgot about it and dropped the ball, I guess because other things pushed it to that back burner that I never look at.

But in any event, regardless of who owns it, I just took it down by disabling it from being visible. If someone yelps about it going away, then I'll know who it belongs to. If not, well, it can't be accessed by anyone any longer, unless they saved a direct link to it or something.

So, no telling what happened concerning the domain name, but for whatever reason, such links cannot remain on this site if they go to a site with malicious coding on it. So if anyone sees such a thing, please let me know and ask me to NOT drop the ball on something like this.

Speaking of which, auditing the sponsorships is a real pain in the butt, so I don't do it nearly as often as I should. I only recently started making notes of such sponsorships if the info provided in the link or domain name is not self evident as to who owns what. But I am sure there are more old ones there that have long lapsed and I just haven't made the effort to figure it out.

So if someone has a sponsorship here and lets it lapse, with no intention of renewing, please help me out and have the courtesy to contact me about it so I can try to keep things up to date with stuff like that. Yeah, people can get free advertising with their sponsorship, sometimes for months because of my laziness (hey, I am an old retired guy, so give me a break!). Just the way it goes, I guess.