FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Your thoughts please! How can we improve...
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2014, 05:09 AM   #25
Mikkwa
I don't have any suggestions on what to do to make Fauna better that I can think of as yet. I did want to comment on Tapatalk. I personally hate it! I refuse to use it!

When I'm home I use my desktop, but if I'm away from home at work or just out, I have to use my phone for my internet browsing. I tried Tapatalk on one site once and it made me have to jump through hoops, over fences & around corners to post one single comment. No thanks! I like my sites to come up exactly the way they do, look & work as when I am on my home computer. So when I am on a site and it auto gives me the shortened version, I hunt for the 'Full Site' button quickly. I do understand that some have phones with a really small screen and Tapatalk is supposed to make it easier. I'm not trying to knock anyone who uses Tapatalk in any way.

I am a member on quite a few forums of various interests. I also Co-Admin on a parrot forum, plus I do have a Facebook account and a group page I started for my animals. I have to say that almost every forum I belong to or have been on recently has had a greatly reduced interest in posting from its members. Some are downright Ghost Towns in lack of member activity, my forum included. I agree that Facebook seems to be the downfall of forum life. I have heard from a few folks that Facebook is so much easier to post, add photos and get instant likes & posts to their status. Me, I don't like that what I post as far as photos are gone within minutes only to be replaced by the newest drama erupting constantly. It is sad to think that so many of the great forums have become 'The Dinosaur' of the Cyber World.

Sorry about not having any positive suggestions to help Fauna, but I personally like everything about the way it is now. I go to the areas I enjoy the most, browse through some I rarely go to when I feel like it and leave the ones I care nothing about to others. That's what I love about this place, the ease of finding anything I'm interested in quickly and comfortably right from the Home Page. I personally do not like the 'Splash Page' I think it was called and if I bring up the site from my browser links it sends me there every time. So I go to 'New Tab' and use one of my book marked pages from one of the times I was on here previously.