FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Your thoughts please! How can we improve...
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2014, 01:41 PM   #30
j_dunlavy
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
This is not by accident that such viewing is disabled. This site is visited by an incredible number of search engine spiders. If viewing of attachments by guests were enabled, each of those spiders would be downloading and viewing those images as well, which would cause an increase in loading on the server. Which could impact YOU by slowing down the overall throughput that the server is able to provide. This just seemed like a sound decision to make in order to make things better overall for registered and logged in members.

Besides, in my opinion, I want to encourage viewers to register and participate. People who are not registered and/or not logged in are NOT going to participate here while they are viewing. If they have to register and log in, then at least if they get the urge to participate while reading something of interest at that moment, they WILL without having to go through the registration and logging in process first.

Heck, I have been to more than a couple of sites that won't allow you to view anything unless you are registered and logged in. So I think this is a fair compromise.
that makes sense. Thanks for the explanation.