FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - My First Beardie
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 01:55 PM   #18
harmonysmom
Makes me wish I kept the box my basking bulb came in. It's a pretty bright one yes, keeps my little girls room lit up at night before it switches off. :P

I tried putting carrots into his greens....I'm hoping it does something for him, but won't hold my breath. Def. loves outside his cage more than in his cage. The one side doesn't get above 86 degrees F and since I'm normally looking at it from an angle, I'd say that it's at least 80 degrees at the least.

We are going Saturday to get him some more crickets, his new light and screen lid, then I'll grab some of those moist bites for him too.

His poo seems to be fine, normally 1 a day to every other day. Yesterday he went twice, I think, or was that the other day. So I'm guessing he's getting enough to eat.

I did manage to catch the elusive cricket before night fell. Stuck him back in with the other crickets, and he gobbled him up this morning. hee hee

I've noticed he does get distracted easily....lol....especially when the little one is near his tank.

I've thought about a heat rock with a thermostat on it, just to see if that'd help a bit more with his basking, but I'm leery about it because I know if too hot, it can burn his belly and I don't want that. I guess for now I'll just continue to take him outside during the afternoons/evenings when it's not too hot, but warm enough for him to bask.