FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Opinion should we feel bad that we keep animals under captivity?
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2021, 03:10 PM   #9
SnakeSmithS
Not drink beer?! That is complete insanity! Besides, very, very few beers (maybe 1%) actually use any lactose or honey. I should know, I've been brewing for over a decade. Not that many follow it anymore, but German beer purity law even forbids the use of anything other than water, hops, barley and yeast! No animals other than myself have ever been harmed in the brewing of my beers

And while I agree with the post above that some species are saved from extinction by captive breeding, let's not conflate conservation efforts with the pet trade and exotic animal keeping hobby, which rarely ever overlap. Keeping animals is enjoyable to some and if you provide your animals with quality care I personally see no need to feel guilty about it, even if some folks disagree with the practice. We are never ALL going to agree on many, many issues. Do what you feel is right and don't let anyone guilt you!