FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Are you going to take the COVID vaccine?
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2021, 12:50 AM   #25
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by sschind View Post
This doesn't really surprise me. After all, if 1 dose was effective why would you need a second dose. I'd be interested to see how many, if any, of these infected could trace where they were infected. I'm guessing if they were diagnosed within days, which to me means less than a week, they either already had the virus when they got the vaccination or completely disregarded all preventative measures once they got it.
I think that it is really more airborne than people are letting on, and that is how people have been caught unaware by becoming infected. How long will the virus remain suspended in the air, and how far can it travel before becoming inert? When they say that the new British and the South African mutations are dramatically more infections than previous strains, I am taking that to mean that it is that much more likely that low exposures will cause more rapid and more extensive symptomatic infections. The more virus you have that can quickly attach to receptors in cells, the more likely it is that your immune system will get caught with it's pants down before it can start mounting a defense. And I am taking that to mean that there will be less asymptomatic infections and more serious consequences to all infected. This may be what happened with the 1918 pandemic when the second wave struck. IMHO, any way. I'm not a doctor nor researcher in such things, and haven't stayed at a Holiday Inn Express in a very long time. But I am usually pretty good at putting two and two together most times.

But yeah, in my mind this vaccination stuff could actually make people who were vaccinated more dangerous to the unvaccinated because the vaccinated might become rather cavalier about continuing to use the previous methods of avoiding infection prior to getting the vaccine. They could be thinking they are now immune, so damn the torpedoes! Full speed ahead! So they might have contracted the virus and unknowingly be infectious to others. Just not showing symptoms because the vaccine is helping to prevent the symptoms from developing, but NOT them being an infectious carrier of the virus.

Not to sound anti-social or anything, but personally I think I would try hard to avoid contact with people vaccinated as best I could. But honestly, that wouldn't be any more or less than Connie and I are already doing. I'm beginning to get comfortable with my "hermit in the woods" semi-isolation, I guess. Sure wish we could go to a gunshow and spend that $1200 government "COVID relief" check we just got.

BTW, in one of the sources I have been reading, someone with what appears to have some real in-depth knowledge about this stuff commented that his fear was that quite a few unqualified people might be utilized to administer the vaccine shots, simply because of the numbers being so great that qualified people would be extremely overwhelmed trying to keep up with the workload. OK, so you have 100,000,000 doses to be administered, and the clock is ticking. Who all is going to do the needle jabbing? Good 'ole Billy Bob at the Oil Changes, Cell Phone Repairs, & Vaccine Shots while you wait?

Anyway, he said that administering the vaccine into a vein instead of muscle tissue could be quite dangerous. Anyone have any ideas on why that might be? Hmm, yeah, I guess I could ask him about that next time I log onto that particular site....