FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Are you going to take the COVID vaccine?
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2021, 10:13 AM   #27
nickolasanastasiou
The likelihood of putting it in a vein is low based on intramuscular site choices. Only certain people who are trained (and licensed) to give injections would be providing the administration. Unlicensed administration is not legal. The bigger administration concern to me would be people failing to penetrate the muscle. Many members of the population are...fluffy. Then there are some older folks who are skin-on-skeleton thin from sarcopenia. It will depend on the needle length selected, the person receiving the dose, and the technique of the person administering the dose. I have performed a lot of injections. It is not that (or even remotely) difficult, but some people will administer better than others and some recipients will have better tissue quality and composition at sites than others. It is simply so, so it is not a variable I can use for any predictive purpose. An IM shot is ideal, but a poorly delivered shot might not be completely useless. It will depend somewhat on metabolic activity of the cells, and the types of cells, which are receiving the mRNA. IM (intramuscular) administration is the goal, still.

Besides training the immune system and improving its library, which I am a fan of in general, the point is to shift probabilities in our favor (which it does). It is not a guarantee just as no other medication comes with a guarantee. A guarantee would require magic and it would appear our species is lacking in talent for magic (or at least I am).