FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Goofy weather.....
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2022, 06:02 PM   #13
WebSlave
Yeah, we have a change of seasons here in north Florida, but is is MUCH milder and less extreme than further north. We have leaf drop in the Fall, and some nights will drop below freezing. Spring is about 3 days when Summer kicks in.

In Winter, it is a rare day that doesn't hit at least 50 degrees. Normally if it is cloudy enough to produce precipitation, that cloud cover makes it warm enough to keep it liquid. Most of the time.

About the only notable REALLY bad season around here I can think of off hand is the Yellow Fly season. They are really a terror. But fortunately Connie and I found something that lessons that somewhat. We carry around those tennis racket style bug zappers whenever we are outside. Been doing that for the past two years and they have taken a real toll on the yellow fly population, it seems. It is EXTREMELY satisfying to hear the zap of a yellow fly going to Hell as you walk along swinging what Connie calls the "mallets". I guess hitting them with a hammer WOULD be just as satisfying.

But anyway, I just feel that water should always be liquid. Unless it is used to cool down a drink. Then ice cubes are allowable. Any other time, for it to get cold enough to solidify water, just no..