FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - genetics?
Thread: genetics?
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2004, 03:39 PM   #4
Tribal Gecko
Well, I'm not sure if anybody has actually crossed a hybino / hyglow / sunglow with a patternless. The hyglow is just a selectivly bred tang albino, so crossing that would still just end you up with a paternless albino, i'm not sure how the tang would go over... if at all. One of the other breeders could probably answer that better than I. And I don't really see any reason to pay the 1000+ $ on a hyglow or sunglow. You could probably pick up a nice hybino for a few hundred...but personally I would pick up a nice 20$ tremper and go with that het of yours. Save a few hundred.

But something like the hybino's are obviously a great investment in the long run. Those are just my opinions though. Keep in mind that's not a guaranteed het...so you dont want to spend all that money on a hybino, just for that project. For the price of a hybino you could pick up several trempers and Paternless' actually to start that project. If the 66% het works out to infact be a het, that will give you a jump start, if not, you still have a nice group to start the project with. Kinda hit and miss really. You could get some gauranteed paternless / tremper hets from quite a few various breeders, and they my work out excellent as well. Get a guaranteed male, and a couple more females.

Just idea's anyway, it's your project after all :P