FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Paypal Alternatives. Help please. Seller woes
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2017, 06:15 PM   #1
CatchemallSC
Paypal Alternatives. Help please. Seller woes

Hello.
Recently have sold some animals to fund a couple projects. I am a hobbyist and by no means a reptiles business. Have a personal paypal account as I am not a business nor do sale volume like that to warrant a business account. Recently sold some surplus to fund the purchase of a pair of snakes I've always wanted. So. Make sales. Accept paypal payments. I've taken price cuts to qualified homes,sent extra quantity for buyers birthday,eaten overages in estimated shipping,because I understand the struggle and AM the little guy myself. Lol
Anytime now a buyer pays for "goods" Paypal is holding my funds for TWENTY ONE DAYS. Mind you I am shipping overnight,with tracking provided through paypal site and directly to buyer. Some items have been recieved. Call paypal customer service which is another chore of its own but they fumbled and seemed to make up reasons as the conversation progressed. They asked me if it was an eBay transaction. Obviously no. She then told me twenty one days allotted for shipment,receipt and buyer to leave feedback. Ok. I repeat this is not an eBay transaction. I have now shipped animals,had buyer recieve. Provided tracking to paypal site and had immediately upon shipment. Why are my funds held? Am I not checking the magic button. I don't want buyers to be unprotected. I don't care about eating the fees. If I can sell my own stock and fund my future project without it eating my paycheck that's my intention. 21 days....how is that fair or realistic to a seller. Let me explain to my seller I can't pay you for 21 days. My animals are in others hands,my money is at the mercy of paypal. Where is my protection. I've asked buyers to pay friends and family and suddenly I'm a jerk? I really just want to be able to utilize funds from animals I wouldn't typically even be selling. What am I missing or doing wrong with paypal? What happy safe alternatives do you recommend for buyer and seller? I guarantee live arrival and satisfaction. Has anyone experienced this,and what did you do? Thanks in advance!