FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - As a vendor what would you like to see at a show?
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 12:09 PM   #6
AncientDNA
Quote:
Originally Posted by serena wise View Post
James,

Its not hard to get people to complain. Its hard to get them (the complainers) to do anything about what they are complainig about.

Primary example: The Hamburg show in PA. Both vendors and patrons alike have been whining and complaining about that show for several years. Aww...its to crowded, its to hot, theres no parking, its a mess, vendor areas are to small and cramped, and so on, so on and so on. Blah ! Blah.......

BUT.....6 times a year they all still show up.

Now, to answer your question. What makes a nice show?

1. A nice open venue with plenty of room for both vendors and patrons
2. A venue with ample parking for both vendors and patrons
3. Climate control is a defininte plus (nothing like walking thru a cramped venue in 100 degrees)
4. Plenty of electrical outlets
5. Tables that arent falling apart, and can actually hold the animals that are on them
6. A venue where patrons waiting in line can do so out of the elements of the weather
7. Plenty of lighting
8. Good advertising on the promoters part
9. Reasonable vendor spaces and admission costs
10. Area for easy access to loading and unloading

I'm sure there is more, but that is off the top of my head for both vendor and patron

There are alternatives to that show now...and, personally, I don't see myself going back to Hamburg as a vendor or a patron...unless there's something at Cabela's I need badly enough to make the drive. :P