FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - USARK constrictor lawsuit update
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2015, 07:26 PM   #10
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinscaesar View Post
Let me get this straight,this ruling only benefits USARK members. so that means that the rest of us are left out in the cold? how is fighting for reptile rights boiled down to membership in an organization? true,i'm glad you won the battle,but that was for you and your members.i dare say that among herp keepers the vast majority are not usark members. so the battle was not for reptile nation(unless these is a code word for usark)this was a victory for a select few. if i'm wrong please explain why.
The government (USFWS) made the request that the preliminary injunction be limited to only USARK members and participants in the lawsuit. USARK wanted the injunction to apply to everyone. The judge sided with USFWS.

Now, there are already USARK members in many states who are willing to help ship/transport for non-members. Networks are forming to keep shipments and transports both legal and flowing.

I would also hope that the non-members join USARK as this lawsuit will take years and a lot of $$$ while it makes its way through our court system.