FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Wanting to get into Balls, but wife will not allow.
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 01:05 PM   #13
AbsoluteApril
Good ideas have been posted here! I would start off showing her photos of some really beauitful specimens (not just ball pythons either, show her some of the variety, like brazilian rainbow boas, san francisco garter snakes, maybe a pretty blue green tree python). Photos may be easier for her to accept at first than seeing them in person at a reptile show. I've met some people with really bad fears and just knowing it's live and so close can really freak them out so pictures are a harmless way to start. Even artistic shots like close up of scales are a good way to start. I did this with one of the ladies here at work and now she'll come look at them in person because 'they are pretty, like jewels'. She even touched one for the first time, it took a while to get to that point. Some people never get over the fear but if she likes the lizards it's a good stepping stone to move to snakes. Snakes are similar to lizards just without the legs (well you can say that anyways.. haha.. it might help).

good luck!