FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Ben Siegel Incident
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 12:06 PM   #39
Durante
I'm a little shocked at the amount of finger pointing towards Ben Siegel & the contest. Can it be considered a gross contest, sure but that is what is attracting attention, in hopes of making more sales. I see tons of gimmicks & events being done involving unhealthy or possibly dangerous acts & not all are related to eating. Does the gimmick paint the herp community in a unflattering color? Sure, (especially when something as sad as this happens) but I think the way it's being reported by the media is doing a better job of creating stereo types. I can't even confirm from the multiple stories posted by the media if EMT's could have even made a difference in this tragic story yet I know an impression may have been left on a community & man by readers when unnecessary photos & information that is currently irrelevant & currently not related to the story are shared when I can bet it is & preferred to be left private. I'm just saying it my opinion the media who is the biggest source creating a stereotype for there own selfish benefits by exploiting a tragitic event & not someone I always assumed was an asset to the herp community. It's easy to say how stupid of an idea this after the fact but I heard nothing before it took place & doubt I would have if everything went smooth. I think I need facts to be heard & all information comes to light before further commenting & even though this may reflect the hobby one way or another let's remember a life was lost.