FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Genetics?.... again.
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2004, 03:16 AM   #2
aliceinwl
I know that both Robin, Marcia, and several others are working on tang patternless. This would be a selectively bred trait. In addition to breeding high color patternless to one another, patternless have been out crossed to tangs and carrot tails to produce hets which can then be bred together in the hopes of producing tang pats. In terms of keeping the markings into adulthood, I'm not sure if anyone's been breeding for it. To breed for it, I'd select patternless that retained their pattern the longest and breed them together.

Albino blizzards (aka blazing blizzards) have been produced from all three albino strains. So far I know of only 1 bell blazing, and 2 rainwater blazings. I'm not sure how many tremper blazings have been produced but they would be the most common. None of the blazings that I've seen have been blue, but you could also select for this by selective breeding.

Some blizzards show some yellow at the base of their tail. I'm not sure how much work is going into intensifying this, but Kelli does have a group for sale on her available page which includes a tangerine and a carrot-tail het for blizzard. This would be a good group to start with.

Because none of the morphs you mentioned have been produced only time will tell if it is possible. The selective breeding needed to produce them will also take time as it will doubtlessly take many generations to refine the traits.

-Alice