FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - 800 GRAM FEMALE BALL PYTHON LAID 4 EGGS
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2011, 10:53 AM   #37
Focal
Quote:
Originally Posted by GREGORY J HALL View Post
it is a flamable subject but none to get upset about in the wild do they have people seperating them & keeping them apart till they get 1500g.
Greg, I've always respected your opinion and still do, but that's were civilization comes into play. There are a lot of things that happen in the wild, that should not happen under the care of a civilized culture. Cats and dogs eat snakes but I don't let my pets mingle with my collection. Snakes can live in condensed enviornments in the wild and spread diseases freely. That's something we don't allow as breeders because it is not beneficial to the species. Darwinism is the reason they are allowed to do this in the wild. It keeps the population in check. If they were genetically engineered to wait to 1500 grams and lay 10+ egg clutches, there would probably be an over population crisis (although at this point it would probably be beneficial in over harvested areas). Some countries allow kids to do drugs at a very, very young age. I would never allow this. Just because it happens, doesn't mean it's right, but as you said, it's a flamable subject and opinions will vary