FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - For Sale Vietnamese Mossy Frogs (T. corticale) - Cold-reared Froglets
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2022, 01:16 PM   #1
Spaff
Vietnamese Mossy Frogs (T. corticale) - Cold-reared Froglets

I have a nice group of mossy frog froglets available now. These are enthusiastically eating 4 week old crickets and growing well.

These are $100 each. 5 available now. These will only be shipped Hold for Pickup to the nearest FedEx hub.

As most know, this species is notoriously male-heavy when produced in captivity. However, hobbyist experimentation has shown that this skewed sex ratio in offspring can be somewhat corrected by rearing tadpoles at temps lower than room temp. The downside of this is that tadpoles develop much more slowly. Because of this, many people try to only rear tads at low temps for part of the tadpole stage. My average ambient room temp is right around 67F with fluctuations up to the low 70s and down to 64-65F (see data logger picture at the end of the ad as evidence; Please note the spike in temps on the graph in late August is due to power failure due to the effects of Hurricane Ida), so these tads are exposed to low rearing temps for their entire tadpole stage. This by no means guarantees females, but it at least makes the odds of one being female better than traditional rearing.

These are too young to reliably sex, so I am selling them all as unsexed juvies.

Pictured animal is representative of the median size of available animals.