FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Things I hate...
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2022, 09:02 PM   #10
WebSlave
Anyone else REALLY hate talking to phone bots when trying to get through to a company? I have been trying to get an issue resolved with having a new cable modem activated, and it is about to drive me up a wall trying to get through to Comcast. They funneled me over to a app on my cell phone, and that was just as bad, if not worse, than their internet interface. So I am scheduled to have a tech come out here just to activate the new modem. It used to take about 15 minutes to do this, either over the phone, or sometimes just done automatically via the web interface.

Lord have mercy on that tech if he says they have to charge me for that visit. Not his fault, for sure, but he would be the low hanging fruit on that tree.

Of course, this is all because that 1gb service I am paying for with Comcast is giving me usually no better than 30 to 80 megabits per second. And that is even in the wee hours of the morning when there should really be no traffic to speak of around here. So they can't blame it on traffic congestion.

Any bets on that new modem not making any difference? Even after the headaches of just trying to get it activated so I can test it?