FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Question regarding feeding of hatchling
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2005, 06:52 PM   #1
Poison Dreams
Question regarding feeding of hatchling

Let me start off by saying this is my first 'baby' snake. I usually purchase adults, but in this case I found a nice deal on a hatchling and decided to take it. The little girl is very active and healthy, I fed her on Tuesday, about 72 hours after she arrived and was settled well in her enclosure.

Today she was acting very rowdy, so I decided to see if maybe she was hungry, I don't know what clued me in but usually she is just hiding or sunning in her cage and ignores my presence, today when I walked in she hooded up and did the traditional cobra pose so I went and thawed a pinky and sure enough she ate it immediately.

Seeing as this is my first hatchling I had asked the person I bought it from what and when she ate, and was told small pinkies every 7 days. So I had planned to feed her one every seven days, but maybe I should up the amount I am feeding her? Or maybe feed her one every 2-3 days? Anyone have any advice on baby cobra's and their feeding requirements. She is a monocle cobra.