FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Stolen Reptiles stolen in NYC...Fellow members please help
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2012, 02:00 AM   #1
Skanakis
Exclamation Stolen Reptiles stolen in NYC...Fellow members please help

I was looking thru craigslist in my home state of NY and came across this. I informed the guy i am posting this on fauna. REAL heart breaker. IF anyone can help.

Hello fellow herpers.

A little about myself. I've been keeping reptiles since I was 14 years old. I work a simple 9-5 that after supporting my family, doesn't leave me with much disposable income. Any little I can save, I use to buy supplies and build up my reptile collection. Its taken me over 10 years and more than $40,000 to get my collection to where it was. Last week my house was broken into. The vandals stole 40 ball pythons, 20 boas, 6 monitors, 2 beardies, 1 blue tree monitor, and 1 african grey parrot. I am laying my heart on the table here, in hopes of finding a few out there who will help me make a stand against thieves who just want to make a quick buck without ever working for it. If it happened to me, it can happen to anyone out there. These animals where more than just snakes or breeding projects, they where my pets and I loved them all. Right now I can't barely sleep not knowing where they're at or what they're going through. This is suppose to be fun, its a hobby, its not the freaking drug trade. People shouldn't have to live in fear of being robbed for their pets. I ask anyone that has dealt with these people to come forward. Any information you can give me will be helpful. If you purchased any animals from them, you can keep them if you'd like, or I'll give you the money you spent on them plus a reward. I just want information that will lead to the arrest of these individuals, and the safety of my other animals in their possession. There's no telling what conditions those animals are being kept while the heartless thieves try to unload them.

With everyone's help we can clean up the industry so low life individuals like this won't do it to someone else. Below is a list of some of the animals. Please email or give me a call with any information. 718-775-0100 Kelvin (any info will be kept confidential).

Boa
hypo(s), normal, sunglows, albino

lizards
nile monitors, blue tree monitor, tegu, beardies

ball pythons
caramels, axanthics, albinos, pastel pied, lemon blast, lessers, mojaves, butter ghost, ghosts, pastel genetic stripe, het pied females, pastel females, pastel lesser, spiders and some normals

(wow....what the hell man. I truly can hope they got bit to hell atleast. hope this turns out good. And some of you Nutty investigators on here i know you will see something on those other pages or here. I posted it here cause this is the one community (as in this webpage) i have been so impressed by and respect the most. And the only one i spend hours on so i have gotten to know some patterns. If ANYONE can help i know you will. Thank you guys)

THE GREEK!!!