FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - USARK Legal Action Against FWS Constrictor Rule
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 08:04 AM   #65
Skiploder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren_Booth View Post
I think you need to look at the USARK budget and compare it with previous years in order to determine whether or not 300k was collected. You will see this is not the case. Remember, 300k is for a specific item (I.e. to file a federal law suit). Think about general running budget. You really need to look at and compare USARKs publicly available budget before jumping to very premature conclusions.

Warren
Dr. Booth:

I can only go off of what information has been made easily available.

From the still hot of the presses USARK press release:

USARK BUDGET: Last year USARK brought in $300,000 of which 35% went to our lobbyist in Washington DC, 30% went to the former president’s salary, and 30% funded operating expenses (travel, hotel, t-shirt printing, etc.). In order to operate effectively, we need to raise $500,000 annually which will allow USARK to hire a full-time office administrator, fund important scientific studies, and pay expensive legal fees in the fight against anti-herp legislation.

Your general budget indicates that somewhere between 30% and 60% of the the money "brought in" (USARK's term - not mine) went to the President and his operating expenses.

These are USARK's numbers straight from USARKs quote.

If going forward, every person who donates to USARK asks, via a note that their contribution go towards the oft promised lawsuit, what happens then?

USARK's big rallying cry was the lawsuit, not paying Mr. Wyatt's mortgage, not paying for often ineffective representation. The lawsuit. A lawsuit was hyped and a lawsuit was promised. We were all told that the junk science had been disproven and all we needed was $$$$ for a LAWSUIT.

I guess it would have been hard to tell people that before one red cent went towards a lawsuit, that $180K in salaries and $100K in consultant fees would need to be covered. It would have put a serious damper on the old collection drive, wouldn't it?

How much of the $300K collected went towards the lawsuit?