FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - One year anniversary of the closing of the Board Of Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2021, 12:31 PM   #37
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
MM vets sellers and recently has implemented seller policies, and sellers will get booted for failing to adhere to them. MM also does get involved with mediating buyer/seller disputes. KS and Fauna provide a platform for posting ads but they are both caveat emptor sites; buyers are expected to do their own due diligence.

Now that said, there are also several sellers on my "never every buy from" list on MM due to how they screwed people prior to MM's creation.
I hope that works out for them. "Bad guys" will lie to the directives of a website administrator just as easily as they do to prospective customers. By implication a website could be legally construed as being liable by inference for any damages a buyer or seller sustains by dealing through that medium. I hope they had their policies and statements thoroughly reviewed by their attorney as it is very easy to find yourself in the middle of a minefield by the statements and implied guarantees you offer.

I know JeffB has or had an attorney on staff a while back, and I have certainly conferred with my share of attorneys over this site through the years. So perhaps there are very good legal reasons why some sites are run the way they are. And others may be courting lawsuits that could bankrupt them just on attorney fees by neglecting such an important step in their public policies and procedures.

IMHO, of course.