FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Wrong Sexed - Opinion Needed
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2003, 01:46 PM   #4
The BoidSmith
Quote:
Because I figured a 800 grams male het for albino would be approx. $500.00 market value now, and a 800 grams female het for albino would be $1000.00 market value now.
John,

I think you are right on the money with your calculations and expectancies for $$$. Nevertheless it's going to be difficult to get that kind of money being refunded, particulalry with a market that is currently so slow.

With option one you are asking the seller to be out of the snake and out of more money. It's fair, you can try it, but it's going to be tough.

Option 2 seems to be more "realistic" and it will give the seller the option of not being at a complete monetary loss.

Again option two seems to have the greatest chance to end succesfully.

Quote:
I also want to clear up just in case someone asks why didn't I sex them by that time, but now? I don't know how to sex snake. I kept them as hobby, and took seller's word for their sex.
In my opinion that's beyond discussion and not your responsibility. You bought a female. You are not supposed to verify that. Let me put it this way. If you buy a "healthy" snake, are you supposed to take it to the vet to verify that too?

A question on the side. Which prehistoric pets are you close by? The one that advertises in kingsnake.com.

Regards.