FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Wrong Sexed - Opinion Needed
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2003, 02:46 AM   #9
Boavoyage
Quote:
Had it been a het that grew up and turned out to be normal, it would be an entirely different situation. You have no way of knowing if a hatchling is het, but you can tell the sex of it.
As I stated, I don't know how to sex them, so there's no way I can tell the sex of it. I don't want to give myself an excuse here, but if everytime I buy a snake, I really don't feel that I have to drive 45 minutes or 1 hour 30 minutes to have him/her sex again. The reason I have my snake sex is when I was going to sell or trade them. Although they were sexed, it was my responsible to make sure they are properly sexed before I send them out. I don't expect to label the sellers bad guys unless they ignored my notification, and don't attempt to resolve. Also, since you bring it up, genetic and sex are things that will not change by time, not like health condition. What happen if it's a supposed to be het that turned out normal? Would the seller just refunds the original price and pays for the shipping fee involved? If it would not, why would it be different with sex?

Quote:
If it were me, the next time I was at either of the places that does your sexing, I would just have them teach me how to do it myself.
I agreed that there's thing that you can learn. However, from what I learn, sexing snake, including poping and probing, should be better done by the professional.