FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Kansas state law issues
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2004, 11:30 AM   #5
old guy
At this time there seems to be

more definition of possible venomous and possibly large boids/pythons but this is not even clear. I was told that a ban is about the last thing the wildlife would want but not out of the question. Someone is trying to convince some of us it is a total ban and or more regulation. I have noted to several reptile people that maybe the reptile part should be addressed as a seperate situation and maybe not include ourselves with the other exotics keepers. I have been sent a lot of agendas and it is really hard to digest the reptile part of it let alone the species that it might involve. There are a bunch of meetings coming up on the wildlife dept. in a lot of cities. At best it could be a blanket situation of ALL exotics but I would bet it couldn't or wouldn't be done. Just looking at the situation of trying to enforce a scenario: > how many reptile keepers are in Kansas compared to exotic feline, primate, bears, and etc. Being reptiles are kept in normally coinfined cages of small size and not outdoors..........Also I was told if this goes into effect and this is somewhat of a " hidden agenda " to the general keeping public , ( and it seems this might be ), there is more CLOUT we can apply even after passing. I'm just looking and listening at this time with the help of NAROA. There is one very hard fallback though, I'm told that there are some other states looking to the way these proposals are handled and or passed. I'll try to keep us informed of information when it becomes available